Saturday, November 9, 2013

Piktochart

Want to create your own infographic?  Check out Piktochart.

Here's an infographic I made today for my class on technology integration. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but once I got the idea, it was pretty easy.  I am using the free account, so the themes are limited, but I think it would be just as easy to start with a blank canvas.  




This is also a good alternative to other presentation tools. Click on tools and chart and enter your data, then choose the chart type, then add text and images if desired.  Click and drag to move charts around, but be careful of overlapping charts.  I would recommend grouping all elements of a graphic once they are organized, then you can move them simultaneously.  To do this just highlight all of the elements and click the group icon, which is to the left of the delete icon in the top toolbar.  There are tutorial videos under resources, or go to /piktochart.com/demo/.

After your Piktochart is saved and published, it can be viewed as a presentation, printed, embedded on an HTML website or shared on social media sites.  Here's the link to my infographic to view it online. Note this is best viewed on Chrome or Firefox.




No comments:

Post a Comment