Saturday, May 25, 2013

Shorten your URL AND Get a QR Code in One Place! | Bitly

I finally decided I should figure out how to get a shortened URL, now that I am posting links to Twitter (@cindyccm). So I went to bitly.com and I started playing around with it.  I discovered that you will see stats on how many people click on your bit.ly URL.  But the cool thing is you can also use that link to create a QR code for the URL, in just one click!  


  • Go to bitly.com and set up an account, if you haven't already. Find a URL that you want shortened by pasting the link in the box that says: +Paste a link here, at the top of the page. 

  • After you have made your shortened URL, click Your Stuff and Bitmarks, where you will see a list of your bit.ly links. 

  •  On the link that you want a QR code for, click view stats, and then click the QR code icon.  It will pop up on a tab ready to copy! 


Cool, right?  Well, I thought so, hope you do too.  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment